Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Beauty Swap

Last month I signed up to participate in a Beauty Swap hosted by Crystal Cattle and Cowgirl Crush.  These girls are not only very passionate agriculturalists, but they know their way around make-up and clothes too!  So in the spirit of meeting new people, swapping tips and sharing new products the Beauty Swap was born.

I was matched with Kellie, who is an agriculture teacher that lives in Wisconsin.  She also blogs about life in and around her classroom over at By Choice, Not Chance.  Throughout the course of several emails, I was able to pick up on some hints Kellie dropped which helped me decide what I wanted to send!  Here's a look at the goodies Kellie received...



I ended up going with Essie's Mademoiselle nail polish because Kellie already loves Essie nail polish, but didn't have a pink/nude color.  The eos lip balm was a no brainer!  I also chose two different lip products from Rimmel London.  Kellie had mentioned wanting to be better at wearing lipstick and that she was drawn toward pinks.  I selected a long wearing lipstick and a 6 hour gloss knowing that as a teacher she spends a lot of time in front of her class and probably didn't have time to do a 're-check' after every class period or sip of coffee!  And in the spirit of Valentines Day, I sent some chocolate covered almonds and white chocolate/peppermint candies!

When I got home from Puerto Rico, my goodies from Kellie were waiting for me!  I was floored by the items she sent and felt so spoiled!  If you follow me on Instagram, you might have already seen my loot...
See, spoiled!  

I tried the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator this morning followed by some of the eos lip balm and it really made a difference on my chapped lips!  I'll probably make that part of my daily regimen.  When I saw the nail file, I literally let out a "woo hoo!"  For some odd reason, I don't have one at home.  The OPI nail polish, First Knockwurst, is beautiful and will be great for Spring!  The towelettes and polish remover pads are going to be perfect to take along with me on my travels over the next few months.  I'm already a lover of dry spray shampoo, but mine is about out so that was a God send!  I haven't tried the hand lotion, but if I like it half as much as I love the lip balm I'll be in good shape.  And finally, bobby pins!!  Hooray!  Seriously girls, where the HECK do disappear to? 

Overall experience participating with Beauty Swap... Two thumbs way up.  I'm already looking forward to the next round of pairing!  Thanks again to Kellie for being a fantastic partner!


8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous swap idea! I participated in my first swap around Christmas and it is such a fun thing to do to meet other bloggers and try new products! I'd say that you two did well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of hair do you have? The reason I ask is I am wanting to try some dry shampoo but my hair is fine so I am wondering if it will work as good. What is your favorite brands? So glad you girls did the swap!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some awesome goodies! I had fun participating in the swap! I can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got a great box! I've tried the EOS lotion and liked it. You'll have to let me know how that dry shampoo works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you liked the lotion! It's still sitting on my bathroom counter... Should really get it out and use it! I use dry shampoo about once a week when I'm feeling to lazy to wash my hair after a workout and love it. Just yesterday I add your blog to my BlogLovin' feed, so I'll keep in touch!

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to try the EOS lotion! The balms are a new fave of mine. Do you use the Stay Glossy 6 hr gloss? I might have to pick that one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bought the lip gloss for Kellie, I failed to get one for myself... doh. You'll have to check out her Beauty Swap post for a review!

      Delete