Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday v.11

Happy Friday to each of you lovelies!!  Let's jump right into today's 5 on Friday link up with April, Christina, Darci and Natasha, shall we?!?

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

ONE:
I'm so looking forward to driving home to see my parents and celebrate Easter with them in the church that I was baptized, confirmed and married in!  And I'm well prepared and won't be caught off guard when Pastor Joel says "He is Risen!" to our congregation..."He is Risen Indeed!"

TWO:
Confession: I have F O U R slow cookers.  Yes, four.  I have one mini, one standard, one that has three separate sized crocks and one programmable 6.5 quart.  And I don't just use them in the Fall and Winter either!!  Mine get just as much use in the Spring and Summer because it allows us to have supper ready to go when the weather is nice and we'd rather be outside enjoying it!  This week I made Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde and it was bangin'!!  Do yourself a favor and make her homemade tomatillo salsa verde, don't just buy a jar, it's that good! 

Source

THREE:
 I have a bread starter in my refrigerator that I've kept alive for over two years.  Since cutting out most of the grain in my diet I don't do much more than feed it any more though. Once or twice a month I'll make a batch of cinnamon rolls, leave a few for Matt and then give the rest away.  While perusing Pinterest I did find this recipe and may let myself have just one...

Source

FOUR:
 Five of my good friends and I booked a cabin in southern Illinois for a girls weekend this summer.  Coincidentally, it's the weekend before my birthday!  Friends+Wine+Tasty Treats=One Happy Gal 


FIVE:
What's your favorite Easter candy?  I eluded to mine in my post about what I hoped would be in my Easter Basket.  Reese's Eggs and Cadbury Mini Eggs!  I don't do the Cadbury Creme Eggs, but it's a good thing for my waistline that those Mini Eggs only come out once a year!!! 



I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend that's full of sunshine, family, some candy and a little wine to keep you sane!  Happy Easter!



9 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon rolls are being added to my pinterest page as we speak! They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see nothing wrong with four slow cookers! I actually would like to get another one or two myself :) Those strawberry rolls look AMAZING! I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I have 2 slow cookers haha four is pretty intense- you go girl! Those strawberry rolls look incredible and dangerous and the wine quote?= YES! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 slow cookers, a large one & a small one. I LOVE them! Do I even have to tell you how jealous I am of southern Illinois shenanigans? LOL :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those rolls look amazing, and I love love cadbury creme eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 slow cookers and I'm not a fan of any cadbury eggs but i am obsessed with reese's eggs! Those rolls look delicious and i think i might need to try them also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken chili verde looks so good! Love my programmable slow cooker! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to hear more of your slow cooker recipes...I've used ours a few time and always love the ease of it, but haven't gotten into a good habit of using it!

    ReplyDelete