Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday v.9

Another week has come and gone!  Phew.  After taking off and heading South last weekend, I'm looking forward to getting a few things done around the house that I've been putting off.  That list includes, but sadly isn't limited to, cutting all of the fountain grasses in my landscaping back, continuing to plug away at the Spring Cleaning check list that I found via Pinterest, and pilfer clothes and such that I don't LOVE anymore!  It's a daunting task, but I know I'll feel better after getting it all done.

Today's 5 on Friday is a mish-mash of thoughts, purchases and questions I have for you!  Check it out and let me know what you have to say!

ONE:
I put this out there earlier this week, but there isn't be any harm asking today either...
Does anyone have any thoughts or glowing reviews on either of these products?  I struggle with getting curls to really 'stay' and I'm rather uncoordinated with a traditional curling iron, so I thought this new iron may be what I'm looking for?  If any of you glamorous gals out there have experience with either of these new fangled contraptions please, please let me know!! 
Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret

Rusk Curl Freak

TWO:
Having recently purchased Naked2, my Pinterest board is filled with tutorials on creating beautiful looks using the palette.  I haven't used it much, mostly because I feel like my day should be worthy of the pretty colors!  Please share with me any tutorials or suggestions you have for utilizing Naked2!!

Source

THREE:
How freaking amazing did Christina's Mini Egg Nest Brownies look?!?!  I'm sucha sucker for the Cadbury Mini Eggs!  When I mention them around Matt I have to clarify that I'm talking about the mini ones, not the creme filled.  It's probably a good thing for my waistline that they only come out once a year!  Not gonna lie, I bought a big bag and have them stored in the freezer in the garage out of eyesight for safe keeping!

FOUR:
You may remember that I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago, well my flight kept getting delay leaving Indy.  And not just by a few minutes either!  Hours.  So I decided to treat myself to a gel manicure to help pass the time and I loved them!  Living where I do, going to a salon and having them done regularly is really not a reality so I've been looking for an at home kit.  This week on my lunch hour I found the SensatioNail french manicure starter kit marked down 25%!  Winning!

Source

FIVE: 
I have a confession to make... I started the book 12 Years a Slave at the end of February and have read the first few chapters, but I just can't seem to get into it!  I quit reading it to focus on my March book club book and haven't went back since.  Honestly, I  couldn't tell you much about those first three chapters either.  I need to go back and start from the beginning!  Has anyone else read it?  Did you have this issue too?

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

I'm happy to be linking up today with Natasha, Christina, April and Darci for another exciting round of 5 on Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment