Friday, September 5, 2014

Components of a Great Trip!

Last month, Casey threw down a challenge to all those Fresh Face Friday linker-uppers.  In place of simply linking up, she asked that we write in response to a specific prompt!  Fun right?!

And I don't know about y'all, but when someone else does half the work by giving me a topic, creating blog content becomes way easier! 

Today's prompt was 'The Greatest Trip of Your Life'.  In the last year, I've gotten to go on some epic adventures {Disneyland, New Jersey, Colorado, Puerto Rico} so picking just one was a bit of a struggle!  After doing some thinking drinking, Puerto Rico really stands out in my mind.  And instead of just rehashing the awesomeness when you can read about it (here, here and here) I want talk about what makes a great trip!  So with out further yammering on my end...

La Cueva del Indio


Stellar Companion, Check.
My pal Allis is the bomb.com.  She is literally the reason this trip was possible!  You see, I'm what you call a Conference Wife.  Do I really need to explain that?  Basically, she goes to really awesome places for work and she asks me to tag along!  And traveling with Allis is awesome.  We both enjoy a plan, like to do some researching before we pull the trigger, but are always up for an adventure!


Food, Check.
Every great trip has to be accompanied by great food.  The food in PR didn't disappoint!  We treated ourselves to an amazing meal at Marmalade and ate mofongo with the locals.  Both were delicious!

Mofongo


Drink (Food's Bestie), Check.
We may have drank the pool bar at the hotel out of Bombay Sapphire gin.  Please don't judge, their concoction was delicious.  Allis also introduced me to a delicious Spanish wine, Tempranillo!  To be clear, it wasn't all about the booze.  The fresh squeezed OJ was fantastic. Oh, but I forgot to mention the margaritas...  Maybe it was all about the booze!

Margaritas and Coronas


Scenery, Check.
Allis and I decided that we wanted to do some local sightseeing, but would rather explore some of PR's hidden gems rather than the touristy places.  After asking our concierge, he recommended La Cueva del Indio and it was so worth the winding roads, rain storms and U-turns!  The view from our balcony didn't suck either.

La Cueva del Indio

La Cueva del Indio

Beach view in Puerto Rico 

Adventures, Check.
Salsa dancing by the beach.  Exploring Old San Juan.  Kayaking in the bioluminescent bay.  Gambling with Brown Dog.  Paddle boarding.  La Cueve del Indio.  It was all fantastic!

Paddle boarding

La Cueva del Indio

Gambling in Puerto Rico

Now it's your turn!  As this month's Fresh Face Friday co-host I want to hear all about the greatest trip you've ever taken!

Welcome to the
FRESH FACE FRIDAY BLOG HOP!

Hosted by: Casey @ We Took the Road Less Traveled

This week's writing topic: 
Tell us about the greatest trip of your life!

Rules for hopping:
1| Follow your host & co-hosts (first 3 links), pretty please! 
2| Link up your post! Please only link up the FFF writing prompt post...all other entries will be removed.
3| Hop around, meet new bloggers, and leave them love!
4| Have fun? Spread the word and share this blog hop with your friends!
5| Want to be a co-host? Click here for more info! 

Grab a button and share the blog hop love!
We Took the Road Less Traveled
Tweet about this blog hop!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! PR looks AMAZZZZING. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you have a friend who loves to travel with you! Enjoy it while you can. I've been trying to get my girlfriends to travel with me for YEARS but it never seems to work out because no one wants to leave their kids or their jobs long enough.

    I've always wondered if Puerto Rico was worth a visit. By the looks of it, I'd say yep!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be someones conference wife if those are the perks! Looks like an awesome trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. PR looks incredible! I definitely want to book a cruise that stops there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on the prompt, girl! PR looks amazing! We have some friends from there who are dying to take us on a tour of their home island....I'm like, let's go RIGHT NOW! Don't have to ask me twice! Drinking is always an important part of a great vacay...glad we all agree. HA!

    Thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!! Definitely on my bucket list to get to Puerto Rico!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun idea, I want to start blogging more writing prompts! Also, I will double check everything you listed in this most-- definitely make up a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete